Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Yay for mornings



I am very much a morning person. As much as I've tried to fight that (mostly because my husband is a night owl), it's part of my nature. Typically, I get up at 5 or 5:30 am, make really strong coffee, read the paper and blogs, and go for a run. I've been following this blog--3191visualblogging.com--for a while, and now there's a wonderful book. These two women, who live in Portland, Maine, and Portland, Oregon (hence 3191 miles apart) posted one photo they took nearly every morning for a year. The book's format is great--the pictures run side by side and it's amazing to see how they connect. Also, even though I'm a "word" person, I love that this book has very few words. It really is about the lovely quiet pictures and lots of white space that makes this read really special.
**Happy note for those who love the night: the duo is coming out with a book this summer, A Year of Evenings.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it looks simple but beautiful. Let me know if you buy it so I can borrow it!

    Looking forward to the evening edition.

    ReplyDelete