Monday, November 2, 2009

Dinner, Jamie style

Evan has instituted candlelight dinners, which we have on Wednesday and Sunday nights. Somehow it seems to make things more civilized. That is, until Mark starts poking Evan with his pinky finger and calling us all "stooges." But I digress. I picked up a used Jamie Oliver cookbook the other day and have been loving some of his recipes. Sunday night, I made his Moroccan lamb stew with sweet potatoes, couscous and Greek yogurt. Very nice flavors with spicy hits of peppers. For dessert, I made a favorite: almond butter cake (recipe from Pure Desserts cookbook).

3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious and Autumnly lovely.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ask again, is Evan eating this too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. no need to ask b/c you know the answer already. evan had a lovely meal of chicken, mac&cheese, and steamed broccoli (the broccoli counts for something, right?!).

    ReplyDelete