Sunday, April 18, 2010

some collaging




I worked a bit on this collage made of scraps from magazines and catalogs (and an old Target ad for John Derian's line sold at their stores a couple of years ago...stay tuned though, Target's bringing him back for more in stores Sept!!!). I've also been working out of our guest room, which I am also trying to decorate and make useful at the same time. I'm liking the slightly Asian/bohemian thing going on, but I'm well aware that it also can look like Grey Gardens in there with all the prints and colors. I found the painted screen above the bed at a flea market-type shop in Little Rock with my mom, the hanging lamp is from her (the 60s?), and the red, 12-drawer chest (perfect for paper goods and bits) at the flea-market shop in Des Moines where I also have a booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment