Monday, February 22, 2010

A few outtakes



Just returned from Mpls and the Japanese book binding class I took with a couple friends. It was so much fun. We learned three binding techniques. Here are a few outtakes from before the class began. I have to organize my other pix to post more later. I love the Twin Cities. So much inspiration! Stops during the weekend (it was condensed since the class was an all-day lesson on Saturday) included Wet Paint art store in St. Paul (awesome art supplies and fun Japanese journals), great eateries--The Bad Waitress for French toast and bacon; Brasa for roast chicken, cheese grits, and creamy spinach; and W.A. Frost for yummy pints of beer--Common Good Books (Garrison Keillor's bookstore), also in St. Paul; and The Awesome-ist "flea market," Hunt and Gather in Minneapolis, where I loaded up with vintage letter and word stamps. I'll post some finds from the trip this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment